Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Effect of Madrid on Nadal

I want to clarify something I said on Craig Hickman’s open post! I do agree, that the effect of this match is going to be more on Roger than on Rafa. However there will be an effect on Rafa as well. Here’s why,

If he would have won in Madrid, he would enter Madrid undefeated. In my opinion that is much better then entering a tournament just having your winning streak on a surface brought to an end. I feel Nadal is going to be less conifident about Roland Garros, as a result of this loss. I do not think Nadal’s confidence will sufer much either though. But he will be in a worse condition then he would have been if he won.

After reading the comments on Craigs blog in response to my comment, I think there is a misunderstanding. What I meant was that Roger will have a huge boost, I mean come on he has been waiting for this since Wimby! Dosn’t matter if Nadal was 100% or not. So I think everyone will agree on that. As far as Rafa, what I meant is Rafa will have “some” doubts and negative effects as a result of this match. I in no way meant that Rafa will suffer more from losing this match than Roger gaining by winning. I do not think I wrote that or meant to write it even if I did! I guess I shouldn’t have used the word horrible! I just meant that its bad for Nadal and good for Fed. Obviously more good for Roger than bad for Rafa.

So I hope its all clear What I meant! Btw after reading the comments in response to my original comment I have come to a new conclusion.

I now feel that Rafa, fully aware that he has been beaten, knowing there might be a slight possibility it can be done again, will now focus even harder and punish himself to the extent of coming back even stronger and better now. Like I said in my previous post Nadal is gonna be out for revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment